I haven't found much in the way of real practical advice to help the little guy create and market a decent sponsorship proposal. So I've been researching and creating my own sponsorship proposals.
My goal is to create a great resource for you, independent sponsorship seekers, based on my personal experiences and practical advice from professionals in the sponsorship and marketing industries.
To get you started I've complied a list of my sponsorship articles and resources that will help you find, attract and keep your sponsors happy.
PSI 001 : Great ways to put together an effective and professional sponsorship proposal with Abby Clemence
During this episode we cover:
- The key elements of a sponsorship proposal
- How to research a potential sponsor
- How to contact a potential sponsor
- What sections to include in an effective and professional sponsorship proposal
- Getting your sponsorship proposal read by a marketing manager
- How to articulate value and benefits to the sponsor in your proposal
- Sponsorship is a business opportunity
- Ways to cost your sponsorship proposal
- Thoughts on sponsorship levels
- Performing a communications stock-take
- Top mistakes sponsorship seekers make and how to avoid them
- Helping sponsors leverage your opportunity
In part 1 of this 3 part series we looked at how to develop a sponsorship proposal that fits with the sponsor's marketing plan.
Today, in part 2, we're going to look at how to deliver exceptional value in your sponsorship proposal by illustrating why your program is the very best marketing option for a potential sponsor.
The key areas we'll explore...
- Demonstrate a return on investment for your sponsor
- Develop unique marketing initiatives for your sponsor
- Highlight the competitive advantages of your sponsorship program
It can be expensive if you get someone else to do it so you've decided to have a crack at developing your own sponsorship proposal.
This may seem a little daunting to start with but trust me when I say that you can do it, and you can do it cost effectively if you've got the right tools to get the job done.
The first step is to go and read 10 essential steps to create a winning sponsorship proposal. This hugely popular article provides a step-by-step guide to developing a sponsorship proposal.
Now that you know what to do, it's time to look at 4 tools you need to create your own successful sponsorship proposal on a budget.
It's becoming depressing and you're starting to get upset, angry even, that no one can see your potential.
Don't stress, you're not alone. It's the dilemma of many sponsorship seekers.
If this is happening to you then it's time to stop, re-group and have a serious think about your approach to sponsorship.
The reasons why you're not getting anywhere can be summarised by three simple words: Who, what and why.
When you come into contact with a potential sponsor they're going to ask themselves these questions:
- Who are you?
- What's in it for me?
- Why should I choose you?
As a sponsorship seeker, it's you job to provide the answers to these 3 questions in a way that makes you and your opportunity the logical choice.
Let's look at each of these questions in detail and discuss ways you can improve your answers.