To recap, here’s a list of the areas that needed attention before approaching potential sponsors with an updated proposal:
- Make sure to build rapport with the sponsor before sending the proposal
- The proposal must address the sponsor’s marketing objectives, measures of success and ultimately the return on investment
- Research, research, research. The more you know about the sponsor and their market the more successful you’ll be
- Focus on the sponsor – what’s in it for them (not what’s in it for you)
- Keep your sponsorship proposal succinct and to the point
- Don’t include too many options as you run the risk of confusing the sponsor
So I’ve created a new sponsorship proposal based on what I’ve learnt previously. The aim is to address the issues above and provide a framework for future proposal development.