Recently I had a very interesting chat with Rob Sharp from YBI Creative. The interview is divided into two parts:
But for all you time-poor sponsorship seekers I have summarised the interview below…
5 common mistakes sponsorship seekers make:
- Poor spelling – have your sponsorship proposal proof read by someone other than yourself.
- Sending the sponsorship proposal to the wrong person – make sure you have established a relationship with the person who can say yes.
- Sending a sponsorship proposal before making a meaningful connection.
- Not abiding by their sponsorship and brand guidelines – use the right logos and colours etc.
- Not finding out why you were unsuccessful – use this as an opportunity to improve your sponsorship seeking skills.