Here’s a summary of my interview with Brett de Hoedt including common mistakes sponsorship seekers make, golden rules for a successful sponsorship and key points from the interview.
The full interview was pretty long so I divided it into 3 parts:
5 common mistakes sponsorship seekers make:
- Bland proposals that don’t grab the sponsor’s attention.
- The sponsorship proposal is all about logos on things. This is too simple and offers no value to the sponsor.
- Not offering a range of options to suit a sponsor’s budget.
- Not providing unique experiences for the sponsor, their staff and clients. Clients of the sponsor are often overlooked.
- Sponsorship proposals are often too general or broad and don’t focus on discrete benefits for the sponsor.